You looking solution to convert orphaned OST to PST Files? If yes, then this is the right place to get the perfect solution for your query. Stay tuned with us for more information.
Outlook offers features for organizing your emails, and calendar, saving the names and phone numbers of your contacts, and keeping track of your projects. On a local PC, an OST file uses each attribute. The size of each OST file varies depending on the MS Outlook version you are using. But because of some unforeseen circumstances, it is possible for OST files to become orphaned. In this case, you must convert orphaned OST to PST.
Read also: Five Best Place in Costa Rica
What Makes OST File Orphan – Reasons
There are multiple reasons due to why OST files become orphans. Some of them are mentioned here:
- The exchange server may suffer database damage and turn the OST file into an orphaned file if the hard drive fails.
- If a database is broken for any reason, particularly when the exchange server is accessing the database, it may make the file an orphan.
- There are many times when the Exchange server goes down or is under maintenance. In such cases, OST files becomes inaccessible and to access them urgently, then converting OST files to PST is the only and best way.
What are the Methods to Convert Orphaned OST to PST Files?
There are two methods through which user can perform this task. Those are:
- By Using Best Professional Solution
- In Built Outlook Import/Export Tool
Professional Software to Export Orphaned OST to PST File Format
As mentioned above, if user goes with manual approach they will have to face a lot of drawbacks. So, to avoid all these things it will be better to use professional tool.
4n6 OST to PST Converter Tool is the best way to save the day by converting orphaned OST to PST in bulk mode. User need not to be concerned if they have an OST file that is corrupted, encrypted, or unavailable. As any OST file can be recovered and converted to a PST file using this amazing software.
Let’s have a look on the working procedure of this software for better understanding.
Step-by-Step Working Procedure to Use this Converter Software
Follow the below – mentioned steps for completion of this task in best way:
- Firstly, install and run OST to PST Converter Software and read all instructions carefully.
- After that, user have to add the OST File by clicking on the Open button.
- Then, click on the export option and select PST File saving option from the given list.
- Thereafter, browse destination path for saving final output data into it.
- Finally, click on the Save button. Then user will see that OST to PST Conversion process has been started.
Method 2: Convert Orphaned OST to PST File Using Import/Export Tool
It is one of the straightforward options Microsoft provides. In this case, the Outlook client itself serves as the execution channel.
- Launch the Outlook email application. After that, select File>>Open & Export. Now, select Import/Export from the lists of actions.
- A dialogue box will be opened by the Import/Export wizard. Here, you must select Export to a file and then press the Next button.
- Select the Outlook data file (.pst) on the following page and then click on the
- Now, choose the email account folders that you want to export. You may also export the complete mailbox of items by selecting Include subfolder.
- Then, select the location where you want to save your exported files by clicking on the Browse option.
- Stay in the same window and be sure to select the radio choice for Replace duplicates with items exported. Next, select Finish.
A prompt window will show up once you click the Finish button requesting you to password-protect your new PST file. It is entirely optional, though.
What are the Drawbacks of Using Manual Approach?
There are many drawbacks of using this manual approach. Some of them are:
- Large OST files are unable to be export.
- Without an Exchange profile or server connectivity, OST to PST conversion is not possible.
- Orphaned OST File Cannot Be Converted to PST Format
- Only OST files with IMAP configured profiles should be converted with Outlook in the running state.
- Data from an inaccessible OST file cannot be exported to PST format.
Bringing All Together
Here, in this post we have mentioned proper solution to convert orphaned OST to PST file format. Both manual and professional solution are mentioned in this post. Users who were facing issues in completing the task can refer to the above blog post.
In case of any issue first go with the free trial version of the software. User can easily convert 10 files in demo version. After having satisfaction and for more benefits user can then purchase the licensed edition of the tool.