The most practical mechanism for getting an email from cloud-based servers is the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP). There are several email clients available today that support the IMAP protocol to download emails from the IMAP server to the local computer, including Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail, SeaMonkey, Netscape, Incredimail, Zimbra, etc.
Do you also want to download IMAP emails to MBOX? If so, your issue is now resolved. In this article, we’ll go over the precise procedures for storing IMAP Server emails in MBOX. These objectives can be achieved in two different ways: manually and automatically-Articlesz.
Method 1:- Manual way to Export IMAP to MBOX:-
The manual technique will be described in just two stages below, but it has several limitations and shortcomings. If you want to save time and effort, skip the manual method and go straight for the Professional Easy Solution-Articlesz.
Step 1: Set up IMAP Account in Email Client:-
- I’m using the Thunderbird mail application to convert IMAP to MBOX in this instance.
- Install the mail client on your computer and launch it.
- Enter your login information and click “OK” to configure your account in the mail client.
- Make sure IMAP is chosen before clicking OK.
- Continue on to enter the login information for a second confirmation-Articlesz.
Step 2: Export IMAP to MBOX:-
- Download the ImportExportTools NG add-on for your mail client. It is unpaid.
- Select the mail client next, then click the right arrow to select ImportExportTools.
- Select “Export Folder” from the menu now.
- Next, select the Mail client’s target location.
- IMAP was finally exported in MBOX format.
Method 2:- Professional Solution for IMAP to MBOX:-
One of the top solutions is the third-party utility IMAP Backup Tool, which is suggested by IT Expects. Users of this software can export IMAP data to MBOX format in addition to other file types like PDF, PST, EML, EMLX, HTML, and CSV. Additionally, it will make it possible for you to successfully save IMAP data including attachments, folders, and hierarchy.
- Install and launch the Mac IMAP Backup Tool
- Choose the host domain and provide your email and password
- Choose the File Format in Which You Want to Store Backup
- Finally, press the Start Backup button to start the procedure.
- IMAP emails were transferred to several webmail clients, including Gmail, Thunderbird, Office 365, Yahoo, and Outlook.
- PST, EML, EMLX, OST, PDF, MSG, MBOX, and numerous other file formats.
- Saves and exports a group of IMAP emails at once.
- successfully transfer every email from your IMAP inbox to your live Exchange server.
- 60+ Popular IMAP Servers & Email Domains Compatibility.
- Emails can be found by date, recipient, or sender using a search engine.
- IMAP Backup Tool Allows for Customization by Applying Sought-After Filters
We discuss IMAP to MBOX using both the manual and professional methods in this blog. The Manual Method is the best and is free, but it has restrictions and disadvantages if you have sensitive data. It would be excellent if you could choose the expert server solution for the MBOX tool. The solution also offers a no-cost demo version.