Many people on the internet are seeking a secure solution to read MBOX files into Webmail accounts. This page was prepared to respond to user inquiries on how to open MBOX files. Let’s dig a little deeper.
MBOX is an email file type that is supported by Eudora, Thunderbird, Entourage, Mac Mail, and other email clients. However, you won’t be able to open an MBOX file in Outlook directly. As a result, the only option to open MBOX files in Outlook is to convert them.
Here we will discuss one such scenario where we will learn the secure way to import MBOX to Gmail account. So let’s discuss how it will be possible.
How to Read MBOX File into Webmail Accounts
You may face one of two scenarios while trying to access an .mbox mailbox from any Gmail account.
Case 1: You’ve downloaded .mbox files from one Gmail account and want to read them into another.
Case 2: You have an MBOX file (old file) on your PC and want to transfer it directly into Gmail.
Let’s get started by answering the question “How can I Read MBOX File into Webmail Accounts” using the following examples:
Case 1: Import an MBOX file from an archived Gmail account into Gmail.
In this scenario, you have three alternatives for opening/importing MBOX files in Gmail, the first of which is to export the Gmail emails as MBOX before proceeding with the import operation.
It’s simple to export an e-mail from Gmail. There are two ways to accomplish this:
- Individual emails can be downloaded one at a time.
- Using takeout, you may download the whole mailbox.
The MBOX format may be found in the downloaded emails kept in the local folder. The issue emerges when we try to import our emails back into Gmail since Gmail does not accept the MBOX file type.
As a result, you’ll have to use third-party programmes to import MBOX files. To import MBOX files, you have three options:
- With the help of an MBOX to PST converter and Outlook desktop clients, you may convert MBOX files to PST files.
- By altering the ‘.mbox’ file extension to ‘.eml’.
- Using the ImportExportTools Add-on with the Mozilla Thunderbird Desktop Client.
Make sure you have Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook installed on your computer and that you are linked to the Gmail account where the MBOX file will be imported. You must also enable the Gmail account from which you wish to restore the data.
Note: In the same way, you can also import MBOX to your Google Workspace account.
1. Using the Outlook Desktop Client to Set Up Your Email
- Select File>>Info>>Account from the File menu.
- Then, from the Account Information window, choose the Account Settings icon, press, and then select Account Settings from the Scroll down bar.
- Select the New option.
- Enter your email address and click the Connect button.
- After logging in to the Outlook Window, you’ll notice a variety of labels on the left-hand side.
2. Install the ImportExportTools For Thunderbird and set up your email.
a. How to set up Thunderbird as an email client
- Click the Email option under the ‘Set up an account option’ in your Thunderbird Desktop client.
- Fill in your name, email address, and password in the following box.
- If the IMAP option is not already chosen, pick it and click the ‘Done’ button.
- On the left-hand side of the window, after you’ve entered the program, you’ll see several labels.
b. Installing the ImportExportTools Add-on
- Click on the 3line symbol in the right-hand corner of Thunderbird and select the ‘Add-ons’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Now choose ‘ImportExportTools NG’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then hit the Thunderbird button to add it.
- Install now by using the Install Now button.
- Finally, restart the program to finish the installation.
Follow the instructions to import MBOX into Gmail using the Thunderbird desktop client after the application has restarted.
d. For your Gmail account, enable IMAP.
- To begin, click the setting symbol in the upper right corner.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- Check the “Enable IMAP” option under the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” menu.
- To finish the job, click the save changes button.
- Continue reading to learn more about “How To Open MBOX File In Gmail,” as the final steps to importing your
- MBOX files into your Gmail account will be covered in the following step.
Read MBOX File into Webmail Accounts Directly
In this instance, you can import MBOX files into Gmail or another account by following the methods indicated above. I propose downloading SysConverter for MBOX, which allows you to connect to your Gmail account directly. When you successfully link your Gmail account, one or more MBOX files are instantaneously imported back into Gmail.
Here you learn “what are MBOX files” and “how to Read MBOX File into Webmail Accounts” in this technical guide. The procedure of importing MBOX files will be discussed in depth. Because these operations are so time-consuming, it’s better to use a third-party program instead of doing it yourself.