What If Google Takeout Not Working?
Here's the Solution
If you have come to this page, that means you are also facing “Google Takeout Not Working”. Well, don’t worry! We are here to help you. In this article, we will provide you with the best solutions through which you can solve the problem.
If you regularly use Gmail, then you probably know that Google Takeout is a free tool that is provided by Google for backup purposes. Because Gmail doesn’t give any option to export all emails from it. Hence, Google introduced Google Takeout, an inbuilt tool that helps users to take out all their Gmail data in MBOX file format.
But there are many times we see that users face errors while using “Google Takeout”. Sometimes Google Takeout does not work properly. It is because there are a few limitations. Here, we will discuss all the problems that users face and also provide you with solutions.
Before solving your query. We’ll know what the reasons behind the issue are. The problem can occur because of multiple factors that you need to understand.
Reasons behind Google Takeout not working
Here are some common errors that stop Google Takeout from working.
- One of the biggest reasons is “Network error”. Users get network errors if they lose internet connectivity.
- Google Takeout allows a certain number of attempts to archive data files. If a user clicks a link more than once, the link will be discarded automatically.
- It often fails to back up users’ data while downloading large data files.
- It is a step-by-step solution, so if users get stuck at any point while saving emails, So they cannot continue to download Gmail emails.
Now, here you see the various reasons that are responsible for Google Takeout not working. Below are some possible ways to fix the problems.
Manual Solutions to Fix Google Takeout Not Working
You have to understand that there is no manual method to fix the Google Takeout does not work issue. All the methods which we are going to discussed below are just recommendations to avoid the problems which users face in Google Takeout.
- Follow File Size Limit: Remember, Google restricts the file size limit for its users for an effortless downloading process. If users try to export their account data larger than a 2 GB file, then users’ data will be divided into 2 GB zip files.
- Combine all files into one folder: Users can also solve their query by transferring all their email data to a folder that they want to download, and then download that folder. Only the required file should be included in a zip file.
- Re-login your Google Account: Sometimes the problem is minor, such as it is possible that the Google server failed to connect to the user’s account properly. So if the user re-logins, it might fix the highlighted issues.
- Check your Network Connectivity: If Google Takeout is not working, users can re-check their network. If users are not connected to the network, Google Takeout will show you an error again and again.
All these recommendations you can use to avoid your Google Takeout, not working issues.
After trying all these manual methods to fix the Google Takeout not working issue, if you are still not able to download that Gmail data then in the upcoming section we are going to discuss an alternative method to get the task done.
Alternative Tool of Google Takeout
Here, we’ll use Gmail Backup Tool. It is one of the most preferred programs ever created to backup Gmail emails through this tool we can overcome all the limitations which we were facing in Google Takeout.
This tool also provides multiple features, such as:
- Users can save data into multiple file formats like PST, MSG, MBOX, EML, etc.
- Users can save emails as PDFs with attachments.
- It also offers a delete-after-download option to clear mail from the server after download.
- It provides “select folder filter” options.
- It is available in 11 different languages.
- It also has the functionality to “Maintain Folder Hierarchy” after backing up Gmail data.And many more features are available in Gmail Backup.
Steps to Save Gmail Emails
- Download the Gmail Backup tool and install it on your system.
- Open the software and log in with your Gmail credentials.
- Now, choose the required mailbox folder according to your choice.
- Select File Format in the select saving option
- Browse to the destination where you want to save emails.
- Click on the backup button, which is at the right-bottom of the screen.
Your data will now be successfully downloaded on your pc.
In this article, we have discussed the approach and told you what you can do if your Google Takeout not working. Now, we can easily fix the issue that we were facing in Google Takeout. Here, we discussed both methods manually and alternatives. Now it is up to you that which method you choose.